Memory Violation Error for Single User

eSky

eSky

Well Known Member
Dear ALL,
Single USER ID getting error of memory voilation on opening a Customized Application.
With rest all user the application opens perfectly.

Nothing is written in jde.log
In jdedebug.log, the last line before memory violation comes is about " Opening and Closing F98950".
Since F98950 is User Override table, i have verified the entried there and everything is perfect.

For temporary purpose, i have created a new user id and give same security as the old user id. User is able to work now.

But since this issue is unique i seen, i want to solve with the old userid.
Does anyone face same issue?

This issue is on XE, AS400 setup.

Delete the records for this user and application using SQL. Of course you want a backup of at least the records affected first. 95% of the time in my experience, it's a corrupt F98950 record.

You mentioned that you were on XE AS/400, so use this SQL statement:
delete from codv7333/f98950 where uouser='<USERNAME>' and uoobnm='<APPLICATIONNAME>'

Please post that this did or did not fix your problem so we can use this as documentation going forward as to what did and did not fix problems. If someone else comes along with the same problem and you don't say it worked or not, he will never know.

Hi,

It does sound like it's User Override related. You say you checked the UO table? Was there an entry for the application and the user who has the issue? If there was, I'd start by deleting that UO entry and then testing again.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

Hi Sanjeev,

The issue is solved.
I also did the same. There was an entry in UO against username.

Deleted that and application works.

But still is could not relate the User Override with memory voilation.

Hi,

From past experience, these UOs do get corrupt from time to time and then you can get these application errors thrown up.

So I'm afraid, yes it is UOs that cause this.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

Hi Ken,

Yes this solves the Issue. It would be great that this can be documented and can be helpful to JDE community.

User overrides in Xe are fragile at best. Whenever we have strange behavior affecting only a single user, the first place we look is user overrides (UO on the FastPath -- easier for folks who don't speak SQL). User overrides are easily corrupted, and cause all sorts of odd behavior -- users get kicked out of JDE, memory violations, etc. Users don't like it much when you delete their overrides, but they like the freaky problems even less.

Hi Sam,

This issue and the solution is very well known on JDEList for a long while (more years long).

When memory violation (sometimes other strange) error occur for a specific user and for the other users does not, then go to P98950 User Override application, filter for the Appl/Form name and delete the user's override(s).

Somtimes the error can occur for all or for more user, if you create *PUBLIC or Group specific overrides.

Development on interactive forms can many times violate with the previously existing User Overrides, mainly changes on the Grid or on the Hyper Control structure.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back