Help with Creating a New Environment

rhayden

rhayden

Hello,
At the risk of sounding like the new guy, considering I am a new guy to CNC. Can someone point me in the direction of some straightforward documentation on how to create a new environment in E1 8.11 SP1? I would like to create an environment for our data migration folks. I’ve found a lot of information on creating/adding environments; maybe that’s my problem (K.I.S.S). What I’ve found are two basic ways, via the Installation Planner and through Environment Director. I wanted to use the Installation Planner but it’s not clear on whether to update out initial plan we created at installation or to create a new one. Can you have multiple plans? Then I went to the Environment Director and thought this is the ticket! Not! After several program errors and attempts I thought I had it but… Not scripts were generated. Is there a document out there that can, step by step, walk me through creating a new environment and all its parts (path codes and ocm)?
Thanks,
Rich

This isn't as simple as it looks.

The JDE tools including environemnt director are ONLY for creating the JDEdwards datasources, OCM's, etc. You still have to manually create all of the databases and tablespaces in Oracle manually.

So where is this info? Well it's really nowhere. I've done it simply cause I've done it before and simply "Use The Force" to get it done.

Try taking the approach of copying a set of table spaces owner by PRODDTA and PRODCTL and creating an identical copy but updating the schema owners to XXXDTA and XXXCTL. This should get you started.

Just remember that the DBMS portion is 90% of the process and the JDE portion is 10% of the process. A couple of key items is that you shoudl add the JDE environment on the Deployment Server in the Planner environment. The other gotcha is that you MUST update the Oracle Table Sizing Table otherwise you'll eventually end up with stuff in the incorrect table space.

Colin

Here is a document I came across in my travels that may assist you in creating a new environment. I think it's from KG way back when.

Attachments

• 105690-Creating a Custom Pathcode and Environment.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 635
Back