JDE Upgrade and Database / OS Change

wloban

Well Known Member
Hi List -

I am working on a project where JDE is being upgraded from ERP 8 to 8.11 SP1. In addition to the upgrade, the operating system is being changed from Windows to Solaris and the database being changed from SQL Server to Oracle. I am coming up with a plan and would like to get input from anyone who has gone through something similar.
I am thinking about bringing the solaris server with the Oracle database into the ERP 8 environment and verify the functionality. After all testing is completed, proceed with the upgrade of the DV environment for testing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill

Bill,

That is the approach I would take. Get the system over to Solaris/Oracle first and then look to upgrade it. I would add the Solaris ENT server to your EnterpriseOne system configuration first. Setup the services and fine tune the server to run efficiently. Getting the data over is going to be somewhat tricky especially if you have not archived your data in a while. In order to insure that the data comes over clean, I would setup "dummy" datasources to pull the data from SQL and place it in Oracle on your Solaris. Of course, using the R98403 is very tedious and somewhat unreliable, but for this, it is really your only option. Make sure you verify the record counts, so as to insure that everything came over successfully. Since you are probably working in a live system, I would move each of the databases over one at a time. Once the data is migrated, delete the dummy data sources and modify your current data sources so that they pull data from your Oracle db. The only thing left to do now is remove your old ENT server from the EnterpriseOne setup. You are now ready to start your upgrade. Good luck man.

Back