Slow response from OMW when checking objects out

llallen1113

Well Known Member
Recently we have experienced an issue with checking objects out in OMW. It now takes up to 5-7 minutes to check an object out. We also recently had out client PCs upgraded to Windows XP, and subsequently had the JD Edwards clients rebuilt due to performance issue. Has anyone experienced similar problems with checking object out in OMW? I'm wondering if it's an issue with Windows XP, or the enterprise and deployment servers. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Laurie

JDE Enterprise One 8.0, SQL Server, Windows Server 2003

It's probably the system restore feature...you have to turn it off on XP for proper system functionality of a E1 fat client.

Right click on your My Computer icon and select properties, the there is a tab for system restore click on it and you will see the option to turn it off.

Laurie

What tools release are you on? XP is an issue on older service packs.

Patty

We are on 8.0, service pack 22. I don't know what tools release we are on.

This happens more so with XP SP2.
Response from Oracle was: SP23 for our ERP 8.0 installation should fix the issue...

For now yes, disabling System Restore on XP workstations definitely does the trick. Make sure with your PC Support folks that they are okay with that though. System Restore does have some benefits that they tend to like.

Anyone tried SP23 for ERP 8.0 to fix it?

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure with your PC Support folks that they are okay with that though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What PC Support folks don't know will not hurt...when the as play dumb
grin.gif
Because I can tell you if you ask them they will say NO Don't Turn it OFF
grin.gif

Back