BUSBUILD.exe (package build)

lemieux

Hello List, I have recently manually created PY811 from DV811. When I build a full client in DV811 busbuild.exe compiles objects like always at an acceptable rate. When I build a full client for PY811 busbuild.exe compiles extremely slow while the spec files build quickly and perfectly without error. Both DV811 and PY811 are submitted from the same "fat" client. I have the exact same problem on the DS. Would appreciate hearing back with any idea(s) you might have for getting busbuild.exe performing well for PY811.

Thank-You.

8.11 - SP1 - 8.95_f1, planner ESU JJ10569
DS = Windows 2003, SP1, 2GB of RAM and a 3.2ghz processor
ES = i5 400, OS/400 V5R3

I always build packages on a fat client. There used to be an issue with the temporary folder BusObj that is created whenever a business function is present in the package. I don't know if there is still an issue but I always make a habit of deleting this folder prior to subsequent builds.

Patty

Two things come to mind. First, make sure you are not building in Debug mode. You can find this info in the BuildLog.txt file, Build Business Functions: OPTIMIZE or DEBUG. Next, if you are building on a fat client, files have to be brought down to the machine, was is restricted by bandwidth. The DS is typically on a faster network segment, and no copying needs to done across a network. I recommend using the DS. Lastly, as always, make sure the the antivirus applications aren't running.

Thanks FNorelli. I am not building with DEBUG on, bandwidth is not a problem (workds great from the same fat client for DV811) and Norton is diabled both on the fat client and the DS.

This may be related to differences in your ODBC DSN configuration between the two Central Objects DSN's.

Or be simply related to different performance of the two CO databases (i.e.: if they are located on different Servers, or Disks, etc.).

Hello Alex and thank-you for your response. The two data sources both in E1 and the system DSN are identical except for the "PS_DV811" versus the "PS_PY811".

Also, the SQL databases are on the same disk. I did however create PS_PY811 by exporting the C/O tables from PS_DV811 to PS_PY811. I'm quite new to SQL server (more of a 400 guy) so I hoping any SQL experts out here might have something for me to look at and/or try.

Thanks again.

Make sure you have all the indexes on the Central Objects tables. Use R9698711.

Hi Mike,

It seems like you're missing indexes on the Central Objects
PY. Have you tried reindexing all of Central Objects PY
tables? (PY811.F98710 to PY811.F98761 plus Java F989998/9)

Back