Package Build Errors after TR 9.1.5 upgrade

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Dear List,

After upgrading the tools release from 9.1.4.7 to 9.1.5.5 I am getting the below errors in the packlage build logs while trying to build a TEST Full package from DEP. I have checked and made sure that the Planner ESU and the required special instructions regarding AllowedFileExtensions are present under DS and ES JDE.INI files. There were no errors during Planner ESU or Application enhancement ESUs.



Has anyone come across any resolution for this?




9748/8472 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Aug 13 10:23:35.077000 spkgutil.c529
[PKGBLD] - Thu Aug 13 10:23:35 - spkgclnt.c:284 PKGCLT0024 ERROR: JDENET_CreateAssocMsg failed. Error Connection closed.

9748/8472 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Aug 13 10:23:35.123000 spkgutil.c529
[PKGBLD] - Thu Aug 13 10:23:35 - spkgutil.c:8155 PKGUTL0131 ERROR: Failed to transfer R43092Z1I.h to the server.

9748/8472 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Aug 13 10:23:35.155000 spkgutil.c529
[PKGBLD] - Thu Aug 13 10:23:35 - spkgclnt.c:284 PKGCLT0024 ERROR: JDENET_CreateAssocMsg failed. Error Connection closed.

9748/8472 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Aug 13 10:23:35.170000 spkgutil.c529
[PKGBLD] - Thu Aug 13 10:23:35 - spkgutil.c:8155 PKGUTL0131 ERROR: Failed to transfer R43092Z1I.h_OLD to the server.

9748/8472 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Aug 13 10:23:35.201000 spkgutil.c529
[PKGBLD] - Thu Aug 13 10:23:35 - spkgclnt.c:284 PKGCLT0024 ERROR: JDENET_CreateAssocMsg failed. Error Connection closed.
 

BOster

Legendary Poster
I am a developer not a CNC person so take any thing I say with that in mind - I don't do this stuff on a day to day basis.

There was a change, for security reasons, that was put in place for TR 9.1.5 that only copy files with a known extension to the ES where the build is now done. You have to list those extensions some place (jde.ini??? something like that) AND I believe it is also case sensitive, so you have to list both ".h" and ".H". ".h_OLD" is probably not in your list (keeping in mind case sensitivity). This just doesn't filter out those files it pretty much stops the copy process which of course causes the build to fail. You can either add those extensions or remove the .h_OLD files from the \include directory on the deployment server for the target path code.
 

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Thanks for your reply Brian.

Yes the entry is part of the special instrcutions after planner ESU and I have this entry added to both DS and ES jde.ini.

allowedFileExtensions=.c;.h;.hxx;.ddb;.xdb;.cab;.Z;.log;.imp;.txt;.spc;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.ico;.h_old;.c_old;.inf;.sts;.png;.err;.tpl;.png;NONE;

I also tried to increase the JDENETTimeout to 500 in jde.ini because I read somewhere in Oracle community that it could be an issue as well. Unfortunetly that did not help either. :-(

I have an SR opened with Oracle but still waiting for a feedback. I will keep the list posted if I find anything.
In the meatime if someone knows a possible way out for this can you kindly share.

Many Thanks,
Soumen
 

DSauve

Legendary Poster
I noticed that the ".h_o ld" entry has a space in the middle of it. That could be causing some trouble for you.
 

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Thank you both for the responses. I was able to get past those errors by making the following changes.
1. Added ".c_OLD;.h_OLD;.H" to allowedfileExtension on both DS and ES jde.ini
2. Removed "R42950_old_2012-1212.h" from the include folder of DV910

My package build was sucessfull although some of the NER's are failing but it is in much better shape now.

Thanks once again.
 
Top