Direct Migration from A7.3 to E8.11

Marco_Centamore

We are migrating data from iSeries to a SQL Server database. We run manually all TCs listed in TC Plan and all of them ended fine. Than I noticed that some tables were not converted probably because there was no TC listed in TC Plan to work specifically with these tables. For example F0911, F0411, F0413 were not converted.
Am I missing something? Do you guys know how could I convert the missing tables?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Marco.

I'm not sure I understand where you are in the process. Also, you are trying to convert on the iSeries, right? You are essentially running an upgrade AND breaking coexistence, so you want to do everything first on the iSeries (World doesn't understand any other RDBMS), THEN, move your tables from one DB to the other. TC's should NOT touch all tables, the two processes, R98881 and TC's work in unison to ensure all tables are put into E1. The R98881 is supposed to bring over the tables that don't need TC's and of course, the TC's touch the tables that need to be modified.

BEFORE YOU RUN ANY TC'S, did you go through the WORLD PTF for dropping co-existance? YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST! E1 has keys different than World, usually more detailed. This could create duplicate records that must be resolved first before conducting the TC's in the E1 upgrade.

Also, why did you run the TC's manaully and not via a defined upgrade plan which uses a predefined TC chart?

Back