Resetting the Software Protection Code

SULLY1

VIP Member
It's been two years since I had to reset the SPC code and mine expires soon. I know the documentation says to do the server reset on the deployment server but can I do it from my fat client? I think the last time I did it was from my pc, but I really don't remember. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Patty

You should be OK as long as you have a mapped drive to the B7333 share on the deployment server so that the application can get at the B7333\client directory. The reason they like you to be on the deployment server is because you will need to also do a Get Authority from the warning box that comes up there also (or go to GH9052 and reset cleint security on the deployment server).

Also grab the spc code generator from the web site, then you won't need to place a call and can make your code expire in 12 years or so... ;)

Also grab the spc code generator from the web site, then you won't need to place a call and can make your code expire in 12 years or so... ;)

Thanks for the responses. If I reset the code before the 7 day warning, what will the users see? Will they still get the license will expire in X amount of days? I intend to recoup licenses by renaming the license files in the B7333\Client folder.

Patty

They will still see the warning, and they will need to click on the Get Authorization button to update their local security files.

Back