How to Schedule a Job on Application Server

Shyamlal

Hello All,

Can any one tell me how to Schedule a One world Job on Application Server.

When you you say schedule are you refrring to the JDE scheduler or som other type on scheduling? Also include your system configuration.

I don't mean to be harsh or anything but does anyone bother to search for and read documentation anymore before coming to jdelist and asking how to do something?

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,

Can any one tell me how to Schedule a One world Job on Application Server.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can scheule a job in oneWorld through One World Scheduler ie application p91300. If you want anything specific, plz let me know with system configuration.

Shyamlal,

We used the internal OW scheduler for years. We outgrew it beacuse of it's lack of ability to set dependencies, relatively crude calendar, and the need to do more complex scheduling with applications beyond just JDE.

The solution that we implimented was from Tidal Software. From Tidal, we can schedule mainfraime, webmethods, JDE, FTP, file moves, and Cognos. We have some nightly processes that are over 100 steps involving ftp servers, xpi, JDE, createprint, and Cognos. There are complex depencies in the stream of jobs where one set of jobs provides the input for nother set and so. The JDE OW scheduler is a good start, but thought I'd let you know that there are more powerful tools out there if your requirements warrent it. Tidal is not the only game in town, but for what it is worth, it is the solution that we selected and it is getting the job done.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

On an iSeries or Windows? One would be easier than the other....

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Brother

How do you perform brain surgery ? please tell me

(!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Goutam,

When u submit any job on to the server, the job will carry the specs with it to the server. But incase of Schedule Job.. it uses the specs on the server. If i schedule the job thru P91300, I don't get the server specs.

Hope you can help me out with it.

If you are not getting the specs on the server, use batch versions, then the advanced button on the exit bar and choose Submit Version Specifications only. Then try running the scheduler.

Grant.

Back