811 SP1/8.95 Standalone

cdawes

VIP Member
After installing the 811 standalone several hundred times the 811 SP1 install is killing me. Seriously near the end of the install it indicates that I don't have the required JDBC for Oracle and then it tells me that I don't have a Java compiler installed.

Do I really need Oracle installed locally? What Java Compiler? I don't see any updated installation instructions for 811 SP1 so I'm using the 811 instructions.

Anyone install standalone 811 SP1 successfully yet? Any issues?

Thanks,

Colin

Colin,

I haven't heard of anyone that has 'successfully' installed 8.11 SP1 Standalone. I know of five consultants that have tried - all of them resorted to going back to the pre-SP1 version.

(db)

I haven't done the standalone but with the E811 SP1 Development client we were getting the Oracle error near the end of the installation.

To resolve this, you have to create an empty tnsnames.ora file and place it in the Client folder on the deployment server.

Maybe you can try dumping the CDs to a hard drive and replacing the tnsnames.ora file with an empty one instead of the shipped one that has the single line in it stating it's a dummy file and is not needed.

Grant

811 Standalone

Hello Guys,
Is there some place in the internet where I can download the 8.11 standalone application?I am still working on B7334 (SP 21) and just curious to experience the new 8.11 (Our company had a plan to upgrade,but they droped the plan after Oracle's recent guarantee till 2013)

Thanks
RW

Re: 811 Standalone

Thanks Daniel,
Actually I went to this couple of weeks back,but was skeptical about it as it has lot of different components i need to dowload.Let me try it again.

RW

So how many different guides are there for the E1 8.11 standalone SP1, I havd the same issues and the gude Oracle sent me seems to be different each time. when I install it I got the same error, they attributed to the fact that I did not have .NET installed it did install mysql, so I am having the machine re-imaged and will try again. But now I am not sure which guide I need to use.

Hi

I am also trying to install 8.11 SP1 standalone for last couple of days and after failing 5-6 times, I got documentation from Oracle. Documentation says that Microsoft Visual Studio.net.2003 is required. Just wondering is it really required even for demo?

Thanks

Back