E8.11 Data Dictionary Change

Daniel Skoy

Daniel Skoy

We've changed our display decimals in the data dictionary already having data in our database tables. The R9200100 has been ran and also the R30QNTY. On my fat client version I removed the data dictionary and global tables and everything looks fine. I also did this on our iSeries server but when I look at our data through the web client the decimal point still doesn't show.

Is there something that like the ddict.* tables that needs to be refreshed on the web side? Thanks.

Daniel
Going from World to 8.11, iSeries 8.11 with integrated xSeries servers. Webserver is on the iSeries.

Have you regenerated the dictionary item using the Jas generator? If that doesn't work, a full Jas gen may do the trick. (don't forget to get your latest dictionary on the generator machine).

If I'm not mistaken, I believe JDETips published an article on this very topic...

This document on the online support from Oracle|Peoplesoft helped clarify how to deploy the DD changes to web gen. server:

Thanks for the help!

Daniel
grin.gif

Re: E8.11 Data Dictionary Change - VERY UREGENT FOR ME

I have a similar problem. I finished an upgrade from XE to EO8.11 SP1 for DV environemnt.
On XE QTYINV CLASS was setted up to 4 display decimals and works fine. Upgrade process has upgrade correctly DD (4 display decimals for QTYINVINV) settings to EO8.11 SP1. I generated correctly all objects (before I submit R92TAM and R98CRTGL) for web, when I look at our data through the web client I see old data (upgraded from XE correctly) but If I try to insert a purchase order or a sales order, or work order... when I clik ok on transaction and reenter to see data they are formatted uncorrectly. For instance if I inserted an UORG equal to 1, When I review the order I see 0,0001.

On environment PS811 this problem doesn't exist via web because obviously I haven't setted display decimal for QTYINV class.

thanks in advance
Gigi

Re: E8.11 Data Dictionary Change - VERY UREGENT FOR ME

Hi All,
We are also facing similar issue with our upgrade from XE to 8.11. Has this issue been addressed anywhere?
Thanks-

Back