E1 810 *public closed or open?

andreas.haisch

Hy All

I'am setting up the Security for our E1 810. But I'm not sure how I should do this. I'm looking for Companies with *public closed security. Does this affect the performance? and does it spends a lot of time to implement it? In about one year we have 2500 People working with E1

thanks for your replay's and sorry for my bad english... :)

[ QUOTE ]
I'am setting up the Security for our E1 810. But I'm not sure how I should do this. I'm looking for Companies with *public closed security. Does this affect the performance? and does it spends a lot of time to implement it? In about one year we have 2500 People working with E1

thanks for your replay's and sorry for my bad english... :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Willkommen zur Liste Andreas!

Your English is much better than my German! Setting up security with an "all doors closed" approach is the recommended setting. We have had our system set up that way from day one. No, it is not a performance drag.

The challenging part of setting up all doors closed security is that you will have to grant every application back to the user group. That is very time consuming. Make sure you plan for that in your implimentation. There are some good consultants out there that can help. There are also some good third party tools that can help with that process. Sorry, no free plugs today. Good luck with your project.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

We switched to the *public closed in moving from XE to 8.10. We made extensive use of role building blocks to modularize security for each function. This eliminated the app sec redunancy in the XE groups cutting our security lines from 98,000 to <10,000. Now that we are live on 8.10, this is streamlining security maintenence and working very well. Downside - it took us a better part of nine months to actually enter and troubleshoot the our model. We also had to develop our own security analysis apps to troubleshoot the multiple roles and rapidly pinpoint role sequence conflicts.

Ensure you set it up *PUBLIC closed.

Its a difficult process to go through, to identify everything that every user will possibly require to run OneWorld correctly - QSoftware will help identify a lot of the "extras" that are required for a closed security setting - but over here, to be SOX compliant, this is really important.

Of course in Europe its probably an ISO requirement too.

Back