E1 8.11 installation

jainnik

Hello,

I installed 8.11 demo on Win 2000 server.

When I tried to run PSFT E1 8.11, upon entering the username/ password, it gives
me an error : "Unable to Send Message to Security Server".
I have SQL server running on the machine.

Did anyone else encountered the same problem?

Thanks
-Nik

Yes, this is a very common problem. Solution ID:200966133

You have to follow the install instructions to a tee or it will not work. Subsequent reboots are absolutely necessary. If it is not the latest 8.11 SP1 installation, you have to run the "LoadEOne.exe" program to startup the jdenet process. The SP1 update with Tools Release 8.95 moves the jdenet_n startup to the ActivConsole.exe.

The MSDE database needs to be attached and running, you need to have met all of the MTR's. WebSphere 5 Express should be installed and functioning with the JDE HTML server on top, though it isn't a requirement to get into the basic fat client. Without it, nothing but admin apps will function as intended.

Once you've met all of the prerequisites and have the software installed, DEMO/DEMO should take you to the SPC authorization screen where you'll be prompted to enter the serial number. From the Customer Connection website, you can download the SPC generator to obtain a license good until 2019.

Hi,
Try putting ur Client IP address in place of (localhost) in ur jde.ini.
Secondly dont forget to copy the 3 jar files as mentioned in the installation manual.

Back