Web/JAS Installation Query

AIUK

I have been asked to install the web/JAS module of oneworld to allow our user comutity to access our OneWorld XE Update7 SP22_Q1 software through the web. We currently run our clients through citrix and I wondered if anyone had any info on how the html versin performs. Is it easy to set up? What platform would you recomend for the web server. Currently we run mainly on unix, AIX 5.2 with an oracle 9i dataabse. Has anyone got there web repository on a unix db?

Any nightmares or things to look out for would be a great help.

Also is there anyone running both citrix and web for their client community simultainiously? Have you had any issues whilst doing so?

Any help, anyone can give will be greatfully recieved.

We're running a predominantly Web/JAS set up (we have developers and about 7 users on fat client and 2 users on Citrix). With relatively few exceptions the Web client is perfectly workable. Occasionally you need to review a business process or operating instruction to get acceptability but on balance it works for us.

What you need depends a lot on size of your user base. We geared up (with sizing done by a "partner") for 300 users - actually run at about 100 simultaneous and find the hardware to be about right.

If you want to get into detail - as we both seem to be UK based - please feel to contact me direct and we can probably talk constructively off-line.

Back