OneAssist tool for JDE development

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Just wondering if anybody has used OneAssist tool for development. Any feedback?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes i downloaded the trial version and tested it. It's really a great tool !!
Everyone in my office (technical team and developpers) adopted it !!

You can search for any kind of object (report, interactive application, table, view, bsfn, data structure, data dictionnary item) and it displays in one page everything you can see in design tools of OMW, but, and that's what is great, there a link on every jde objects used to jump to another windows to see the object.
For example, you open a report Rxxx. You see what views are used, all the eventrules. If you right click on a view you can open it, in the view screen you can open each table, etc ... In event rules you can open NER to see the attachement of it and the eventrules of the function.
And a great thing : you can test a NER. You right click on the function name and select "test", and it generate a small script with data structure fields. You just need to put value in the field and select "execute" and it returns the values you get. It means you don't have to wait to use your NER in a report to test it returns what you expected !

Another great thing is that you can have in an excel file every version of a program or a report, with all processing options and data selections values !
There are some other things it can do to help you to replace JDE Cross References (which is such a pain in the ass to refresh i can tell you, as an administrator !!), but i didn't test it so far.

Really, it's getting hard to work without it when you tried it ! In my opinion :)

You really should try it !

Back