Two different environments at the same time on the same pc?

SULLY1

VIP Member
Can a user sign on to two separate environments at the same time on the same machine? I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I thought I would ask all the knowledgable jdelister if they have found a way to do it. I have users that are asking for this functionality. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Patty

My users do all the time, well some of them do. If a user is a Fat/Thick client and your system support Terminal Services/Citrix, then they can make a connection via Citrix to a different environment. I don’t know of a way a Fat Client can.

I also publish several different Icon connections through Citrix where a user can be connected several times and to different environments via Citrix.

Note the attached screen shot. Here I'm logged in twice via Citrix, once to PY and once to PD. Then I have a Fat/Thick connection to DV.

Attachments

• 84538-Several Environments.jpg
    84538-Several Environments.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 150
Joy

Thank you so much for your response. We have OneWorld up on a WTS. Actually the users that are requesting this functionality can use WTS. I never thought of opening a second WTS session. Thanks again.

Patty

You can also run multiple environments on JAS client. I have made color changes on the web servers to change for each Environment. Saying that, I do not use more than one environment at a time unless I am doing a comparison of screens and data.

Win\SQL 2000, B8.9, Websphere 5.0.2,

Back