vertex connection failed (R0701730)

mikemcg12

When I try to run R0701730 I get the error "vertex connection failed". I have ran the vertex diagnos program on the as400 and everything checks out fine. Also if I run R07940 which is another ube that updates from vertex, that also runs fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Go into P7308 and make sure your configuration there is correct.

Just in case you are experiencing this with V5R3...

Breaking News

Summary: EnterpriseOne HCM: All Releases: Vertex Failure on AS400 V5R3
Detail:
The issue with Vertex and V5R3 was a result of a change in the IBM V5R3 compiler. The size of enums (enumerated types) was different than expected. When these enumerated types were passed to the Vertex APIs - the size mismatch caused problems in the Vertex code. This caused Vertex data not to pass back to EnterpriseOne Payroll.
Symptoms:
> Pre-payroll is ending in error
> Taxes are not calculating or are inaccurate
>After running the R0701730 to populate the F0701730, the table only contained 93 or 122 records, when the
record count should be 355.
Once Vertex has completed their program changes, PeopleSoft will need to complete programs changes as well. The PeopleSoft Report ID / SAR numbers which will contain the necessary coding changes are listed below:
XE - Report ID 1172634000 / SAR 7417116
ERP8.0 - Report ID 1194211000 / SAR 7458137
8.9 - Report ID 1194213000 / SAR 7458145
8.10 - Report ID 1194215000 / SAR 7458153
8.11 - Report ID 1194217000 / SAR 7458161
As a temporary workaround customers can use one of the options listed below.
Option 1 - Recompile and build BSFN code using V5R2 compiler settings
Recompiling the BSFN code using prior V5R2 settings resolves the issue. This is a valid and supported solution/work-around.
1. Make the following changes to Server JDE.INI (Please make a full copy of the JDE.INI file prior to your
changes)
Change (*current or V5R3) to V5R2.
.INI changes:
[BSFN BUILD]
OSReleaseLevel=V5R2M0
[AS400]
CRTCMOD2=DEFINE(JDENV_AS400MUTEX PRODUCTION_VERSION NO_SIGNALS) TGTRLS(V5R2M0)
CRTSRVPGM=CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(%s/%s) MODULE(%s/*ALL) BNDSRVPGM(JDELIB JDEKRNL
OWVER) EXPORT(*ALL) OPTION(*DUPPROC *DUPVAR *UNRSLVREF) ALWLIBUPD(*YES) TGTRLS(
V5R2M0)
CRTDBPGM5=*DUPVAR) ALWLIBUPD(*YES) AUT(*ALL) TGTRLS(V5R2M0)

Once the above changes are made, complete a FULL package build, ALL functions need to be recompiled using V5R2 compiler settings.

Option 2 - Run Vertex and Payroll locally (Fat Client)
Load Vertex locally on fat client and run Payroll applications locally. See Solution ID 200782720 for specific setup instructions.

Jim,

Thanks so much for this post. I have been fighting with PSFT for a month now trying to get Vertex to work on V5R3M0. They never sent me this info.

My issue specifically was with calculating payroll taxes. Jobs would run with no errors in the logs, it would show a successful connection to Vertex, and the work center showed no errors. I just wouldn't have any taxes calculated.

Thanks again.

You can either run the UBE on the server where you have Vertex installed or if you want to run it locally, make sure BSFN B0701730 is mapped to this server as well as Vertex BSFNs.

Replace #pragma enumsize(4) with #pragma enum(4) in b0700058.h and PORT.h (for sales tax authorities issue). We updated VPRT.h too, just in case. Build full package.

Hope this helps,

Bojan.

Xe, Sp23, V5R3.

For Vertex ISAM customers:

Regardless of where you run Vertex, locally or on the server, be sure to include the path for the Vertex utils folder in the system search path of the machine where the processes will be run.

Example:

...;\\servername\vertex\utils;...

The servername is the name of the server where the Vertex installation resides. It is usually the name of the Enterprise Server. Important Note: The Vertex folder must be shared.

You must also use the Database Connections application (P7308) to specify the location of the Vertex database (\\servername\vertex\db) in EnterpriseOne. This application is on the Vertex Quantum Sales and Use Tax menu (G731).

well I got the vertex connection to work but it only updates 93 records. I had heard about the problem with V5R3 but I'm running V5R1.

Do you have the R0701730 UBE set up to run locally? If not, change your OCM mapping or override the location when you run the UBE.

Back