Number of Licenses

Gary_CNC

Hi List,
We have Installed EO8.10 a month back.
We have puchased 30 named user Licenses and after software installation in the License user appilcation it was displaying the same.
Today we noticed that the total seats are reduced to 22 .. really difficult to understand the reason ..any suggestions??
Rgds,
Gary

How many FAT clients have you deployed already? I'm guessing 8. Usually, you number goes down for each person that logs in the first time on a FAT client. Seeing Citrix is considered a FAT client as well, these users will be counted too. If you still believe that this is in error, you can call PeopleSoft and ask them to reset your security.

Dan

Hey Gary,

Also keep in mind that each Windows server you have takes up a licenses, so your Citrix Servers will take up a license each and each JAS server you have Enterprise One installed on will take up a license. Also make sure that you don't have the same machine taking up duplicate licenses, this happens if the Fat client machine get re-named. I have to deal with a lot since out IT rename the machines when they reload them.

Hi Richards,
Thanks for the response!
I am having 16 FAT clients installed ... but the total number of seats are decreased by 8 ... I finally have called GSC and got the new SPC to get the original number of licenses. I donno what went wrong but now it seems to be fine ...

Gary
EO 8.9/8.10, AS400, DB2

Back