AIX 5.2 on Power5

cmanderson

VIP Member
Is anyone out there running EnterpriseOne 8.9 or 8.10 on an IBM Power5 with AIX 5.2? We just got ours in last week in preparation for eventually migrating from HP-UX to AIX. I was able to build a package almost immediately after installing the application on the development server (a P5-520). Business functions built (with the exception of two). I have since requested the server be reconfigured with the 64-bit kernel instead of their default 32-bit kernel. Since that time I have been unable to build the business functions into AIX shared object files (.so). There was definitely a problem with the /usr/lib/libc, and a patch was ultimately applied. I still have trouble getting any of the shared objects to build during the busbuild portion of the package build.

Is anyone familiar with this setup and problem? Would someone with AIX and E1 8.9 or 8.10 please post their BSFN Build setting from the server ini? I would greatly appreciate it.

I resolved this on my own. The Link Flags section of the JDE.INI contained "-lrdapi" which I removed.

Back