Security

Hello Lists,

We are starting to set up our security now. We add *public to no install and no run then we gave user the application security but we find out right away after the user login they see no menu at all.

Talk to JDE they told me this is a known problem for SP 13.X and I have to update to SP 14.2.

Can anyone help me on this is this true since I don't want to apply the SP 14.x due to all kind problems I heard.

David

Xe SP13, Enterprise server-AS400 V4R4, Deployment Server-NT4.0, JAS server-NT 4.0

We are running 7332 with SP 13.3 and we do not see this problem. In the
user profile, do you have a menu specified for the user?

Dave Mallory Denver Water

Re: RE: Security

David,

Yes it is in the user profile. I guess this is the problem for XE.

David

Xe SP13, Enterprise server-AS400 V4R4, Deployment Server-NT4.0, JAS server-NT 4.0

We ran into this problem because we use *public in our security. We got around it the first time by having the database administrator take the *public out of the table. I was then able to get to my menus. However, we found the real problem is, in Xe every user has to be in a group. When we ran the upgrade JDE was taken out of the group it was assigned too so when we would sign in under JDE there were no menus. As soon as I made sure all users were in some type of group the menus came back. You will have to have *public taken out of the table first so that you can get to the User Profile program to make the changes. After users are placed in groups you can put *public back. Let me know if this works.

Laurie Nelson
Wagstaff, Inc.
Phone: 509 922-1404, ext 3303
Fax: 509 892-6010
e-mail: [email protected]
ERP:  JDE OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
Tech: HPUX 11, Oracle 8.1.6, NT4/Win2K

Laurie,

Thank you for the recommendation but all my users already in the group. Mine is brandnew XE installation. I believe I have to update to the latest SP 14.2 eventhough I heard so many users had problem with it.

David

Back