How long does JDE have left?

peterban

peterban

Reputable Poster
Hi,

given the recent news - what do you think on how long it will be before JDE is gone....

Warm regards

Peter

hmmm

Interestingly enough - I really don't see an option that states that JDE will be phased out in 8 years - which is what Oracle has "guaranteed".

OneWorld is a technology advancement for Oracle compared to their terrible ERP system - Peoplesoft will be phased out almost immediately - but OneWorld is going to become a major technology push for Oracle into the mid-tier market, which they are desperately competing with SAP over.

Don't be pessimistic here - with the strength and resources that Larry has, you're going to hopefully see an increase in the number of JDE customers - a dramatic increase in my opinion. You already saw a start to this under Peoplesoft, there is no reason why it shouldn't continue under Oracle.

JDE was a bargain, plain and simple. When Duckowsky sold off the company - it proved how shortsighted he and the rest of the board were. The fact is that today JDE on its own is worth two to three times what they sold it to Peoplesoft for ($1.7b). This is proven by the fact that Oracle was ready to pay 10.3b for the company - 4b higher than its original market cap after taking over JDE - and that is AFTER Peoplesoft has made Oneworld a key technology.

I have very negative things to say about the entire JDE leadership - but I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm positive that others on this board also share my views.

Anyway - I voted that OneWorld will become a key technology under Oracle - but it won't become THE key technology (does that make sense ?!)

I share your views about JDE leadership, but I will keep my mouth shut as well.

If OneWorld will become a key technology under Oracle, it will be on Oracle database. I think they will phase out the other databases like DB2 and SQL.

IF Oracle allows Database ego to get in the way of business sense then Larry's management team won't be rated any higher than JDE's, at least not on this venue. After all, we have a mixed bag of folks here, working together despite our own hardware and database prejudises on a single ERP package. Sharing knowledge and experiences that benefit all involved. To take a successful product that works in multiple worlds (at least in the 80/20 world I live in), and carve off two thirds of it and throw it away doesn't make sense to me. Then again, I'm not getting the Big Bucks am I? And that's what makes it right isn't it? Having the power to make that decision and having the money to live with the consequences, right or wrong. Time will tell ALL... PON'T DANIC ! ! ! !

I don't think Oracle will dump SQL and DB2 support but I am sure they will be offering big incentives to move to Oracle and therefore enventually weed them out. That is what I would do as DB is their bread and butter. I actually hope that they sell off JDE.

Back