Upgrade from Xe to ERP8

alpat

We are in the middle of upgrading XE to ERP8. Our consultants have set up the system where can can access the ERP8 system for testing by using Snapshot and running upgrade 4 network and queues alongside upgrade 3 on the Enterprise server. However we cannot get the security to work. SP22_ W1 is fully installed with all relevent instructions performed. (Security did not work with only SP22 either). We have tried various changes to the ini file settings with no success(IPC value/autostart processes). We have noticed that on W2K task manager, our Upgrade 4 queues start and then disappear. making us think the security problem is affecting them. We can only log in using the standard JDE user. Does anybody have any ideas? We would be most grateful for any pointers in the right direction

Do I understand correctly that Xe is fine, but you cannot login to ERP8 with any user other than JDE?

It sounds as if the kernel processes are not starting properly and security server is not working. When you start the ERP8 kernel processes do you get any errors in the logs?

Yes,you are correct. Can only log into ERP8 with jde user. On the question of the logs, can you tell me where I find them? I have looked all over the enterprise server for anything that would tell me what is failing.
Thanks for the assistance. It is much appreciated. :confused:

There are several settings in your server jde.ini that control where the logs are stored. The JobFile setting controls the location of the jde.log. If you want debug information as well you will need to set the Output parameter to FILE. If you cannot find the logs verify that the JobFile setting in the jde.ini file points to a valid directory. If you change any of the log settings you will need to stop and restart the JDE services.

Output=NONE
DebugFile=D:\jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\b7333\log\jdedebug.log
JobFile=D:\jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\b7333\log\jde.log

Please send an E-mail to my E-mail address so I can contact you directly.

Thanks for the assistance Paul. We got the logs and it pointed to where our issue was being caused. After our upgrade process the datasources on the Enterprise server for 7334 pointed to the 7333 datasources. We are not sure whether they were created manually or automatically as part of the upgrade. Anyway thanks again you really helped.

Back