jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Hey all,

I ran into a problem that could be related to the following combination:
Cume C4077520
JDE Xe
v5r2 OS/400
related groups/hipers

The first problem is APAR II13384 that they recommend you follow is out of date when I went to go do the update (June 1, 2004 is when I printed it off). Cume level is one behind and the PTFs were not all correct, specifically one had been marked as being defective SI10576 and been superseeded, by PTF SI13265.
The second problem, is after completing the update, users started getting messages saying that their connection to the database had been lost. Half the time, if they hit retry it would re-connect the other half of the time, they had to signout and sign back in. The prestart jobs were ending abnormally with a MCH2605 error. Talked with IBM and Peoplesoft, Peoplesoft didn't have a clue as to what was causing it, IBM recommended applying PTF SI13910. I wasn't able to apply it for about 2 weeks, so they recommended disabling "extended dynamic support" on the fat client machines (which include terminal servers)

We applied the PTFs last night, so hopefully everything runs smoothly from this point on. I just wanted to make people aware of this it may not be related to the Cume, but the issue did come up, right after we applied it.

**news flash** Just looked at the APAR to see if it had been updated, and it had as of June 14, 2004 only change since the June 1, 2004 is the SI3910 that I could see with a quick overview.

Good luck all.

Back