Business Reasons For Upgrade From XE to ERP 8.0

rhunt

Well Known Member
Let me first begin by saying, "yes", I did search the forum - just could find what I needed. Also, I know that XE support is ending in Feb 05.

Now, I am a CNC tech/DBA and have always been on the technical side of our desicions, not on business process. However, I have been asked to do a cost analysis and proposal on ALL aspects regarding an upgrade from Xe to ERP 8.0

I have never gone to Quest, Denver, or any other conferences so I am completely unfamiliar with business process additions / enhancements available in ERP8.0.

So, I was hoping some of you on the list might be able to share with me your knowledge of any major functionality changes (improvements and steps backward) particularly relating to the financial module and the real estate module.

As I understand it, ERP 8.0 foundation / technology has not changed enough to incur usablity or training costs.

ANY help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Hunt

Config Note: Primarily Citrix, less than 10 FAT...still unsure about JAS.

Ryan,

If you or you would suggest to the powers that be, contact your PSFT CE.
And he/she will be happy to provide you with all the specific information
on the "business/functional" side you could ask for. In my experience,
they will bend over backwards to provide any information or get you in
contact with whatever resources you need to answer your
questions....after all...it could result in a software sale!

Regards,

Jim

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:51:35 -0500 rhunt <[email protected]> writes:

Now, I am a CNC tech/DBA and have always been on the

I have never gone to Quest,

So,

As I understand it, ERP 8.0 foundation /

ANY help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in

Ryan Hunt

Config Note: Primarily Ci!

Jim
Thinks about EO CNC In His Spare Time
iSeries/Win2k/Win2K3/DB2/UDB/Oracle/SQL

Ryan, this is similar to the question I asked. I received a response from
Psft that helped me out. I can forward the info to you and I will also try
to attach them to this reply.

Sr. Business Systems Analyst
OFS Fitel, LLC
OW B7333 Xe SP20 Upd 6, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3, Create!form

Hi Ryan. I would be interested in receiving this information as well.

Thanks
Rose

Thanks to everyone that responded. I am back to this thread because my CE cannot find the type of information I requested. He doesn't think it exists.

I received information from another user in the forum that listed and summarized every SAR in every module that addressed NEW FUNCTIONALITY from Xe to 8.0.

If anyone else has a similar doc that provides the same info from either Xe --> 8.9, or simply 8.0-->8.9, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Ryan Hunt

Hi Ryan,

Please could you forward this information on to me aswell if possible?

Thanks
Richard
XE AS400DB2 SP20 Citrix

I would appreciate if you could share this document with me as well. Thanks in advance.

Can you send me the Document to me too..

thanks in Advance..

Reddy
OneWorld XE Upd4 SP20, HP-9000, Citrix.

Would you please send me the information about NEW FUNCTIONALITY from Xe to 8.0?

Hi Ryan. I would be interested in receiving this information as well.

Thanks
Luis F Alvarez

I forwarded on all the information I have received so far. There is some information regarding EnterpriseOne, 8.0, 8.9, 8.10. Also some is original JDE information (prior to PSFT merger) so version names are skewed...etc. Also, this might mean that functionality was planned for the original JDE releases...so we can't be sure it actually appeared in the PSFT releases. For instance, some information referred to B9. Thanks to all that sent me information.

I believe I have forwarded the information to all who requested it. If you didn't received it, please check your spam blocker. If it is still not there, let me know and I will send it again.

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan,

I got your notice that it was sent but didn't receive any documents. Can you resend if possible when convenient to [email protected].

Thanks Ryan!

D Feddersen

Ryan,

Could you please forward me the information that you have?

Thanks,

Jay
OW XE, SP 22

I sent you some info...but your NAV server seems to be blocking it. RH

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_E1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

We're in the process of upgrading XE to ERP 8.0 as well. Main reason is support for XE ends in Feb. 2005 and ERP 8.9 has too many DB changes to go straight there.

Any information you have have on your Business Justifications or Upgrade Information, please pass on. Email me direct and I'll shoot you over some install guides.

Thanks,
Seth Campbell

Back