Upgrading from b732 to Xe

an0nemus

I'm brand new to the JDE system. We currently have an outdated version of Oracle, outdate hardware, outdated version of One World and an outdated environment.

I've been tasked with the following:

1) Create a new test environment-Using production data
2) Update said environment to Xe
3) Learn pitfalls of the process to apply to production.

Now, along the way I have a few questions:

1) I've copied the production data to our new test deployment server. However, the issue is that there are about 40,000 files that point to the old deployment server. Naming this machine the same as the old server is out of the question. Is it critical to rename all of the old deployment server entries to the new server?

2) I've read through the 594 pages of documentation, but I'm still in the dark. Are there any additional resources to follow for the upgrade path?

The first thing you will want to do before any cnc craziness is bring everything in compliance with the MTR's (Minimum technical requirements). These are available on the knowledge garden (https://knowledge.jdedwards.com). If you have a JDE client number you will have to get a password from your support rep.

Once you bring your - Operating system, database, enterprise (logic aka processing machines) and clients up to their minimum specification, including Oneworld service pack, you can begin to do CNC work.

Another tip - when you are doing CNC work related task always look on the knowledge garden for documentation first. JDE documentation is usually somewhat poor but it will provide a starting ground for your research.

CNC work is 2/3's science and 1/3 voodoo. Good luck.

Malcolm

DS: W2K ES: AS/400 V4R5 SP 19.1, Citrix, Fat clients.

Your question 1 suggests you have your OneWorld DataBase on your Deployment Server. Is that correct? And yes, if you rename/replace a machine in your Oneworld network, you will have to address all the tables where that machine is reference in the JOBN columns (Also look to the MKEY and SRVR columns as well).

If you have a new machines, perhaps you should consider abandoning the old install and starting from scratch, rather than doing an upgrade. Otherwise, look for documentation on Multiple Foundations.

Regards,

Thanks for the response.

No, we have our Enterprise Server on a HP UX 11.00 server. Renaming the deployment server is not feasible since this is a copy in test of what we have in production. Unfortunately we have a lot of data we need to move over and the only machines we are replacing are the windows machines, we are keeping the enterprise server on the same box.

Back