JAS SP Different Than Enterprise SP

jdel6654

VIP Member
I am thinking about trying to upgrade my JAS server to SP22 from SP19 without upgrading the enterprise server. Normally I would not ever think of doing this as I am a JDE stooge and I listen to everything tech support says to do and says not to do.

On the other hand, other than some system DLL's, there are very few things that the web server uses on a runtime basis that is common with the ES, the DS and the client. Therefore I am going to take a calc'd risk to try it anyway.

What I would like to know is if anyone else has tried running a JAS server with a different SP than the ES. I would prefer NOT to hear any comments if you have NOT done this before. SO, thanks in advance if you have done this and would like to share your experience.

We took part in the SP22 beta program and ran one web server with the SP22 beta. The other web server and the enterprise were running SP20. JDE didn't have a problem with this as being suitable for testing the beta BUT we were only looking at the web/portal functionality. That said it should work but will eventually get confusing. You have to be careful about mismatches between the jnigen.dll between web servers as JAS generation machines in particualr.

I have run my webserver at SP22 while my test enterprise sever was at SP21. I agree will agree with PeopleSoft/JDE, this is confusing and not advisable other than in testing mode. I can say that SP22 is a huge improvement for the web. I would bite the bullet and upgrade the whole smash.

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Christmas Alegre, Buon Natale, Frohe Weihnachten, Joyeux Noël

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator

Thanks for the posts. I feel a little better about spending time on something JDE/PSFT doesn't support.

Viel Danks, Gracias, Thanks, Merci Beaucoup

In my experience even if there is a small miss-match in the one off
level between Jas and Enterprise servers the JAS server will not work.

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

Back