Does oexplore.exe go away with 8.0?

SULLY1

VIP Member
I was looking at the System Admin documentation for ERP8 (EnterpriseOne 8.0) and it still has menu design in it. That leads me to believe that menus will not go away with 8.0. Is that correct?

It is my understanding that it doesn't go away until 8.9.
Libbi Fletche

No...but it does with EO 8.9.

Regards,

Jim
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:24:07 -0600 SULLY1 <[email protected]>
writes:

ummm - you got your versions a little mixed up there.

ERP 8.0 is really B7334 - its been out for over a year now, and certainly there are menus in it.

ERP 8.9 is the EnterpriseOne product

Jon,

I don't think I mixed up anything. I did not mention 8.9. Re-read my original post.

Also, thank you for you reponse. Some of it was helpful.

Patty

I just verified because I was afraid I had misspoken (or written as the case may be :) ), see Jon, what you do to a normally sure of himself poster??...but indeed, printed right in the EnterpriseOne 8.9 manual I have in my hands, and indeed, looking at the software that I have installed (granted, mine is post re-branding to PeopleSoft), it states that "Menus are no longer supported, and all menu merges have been eliminated from workbenches", and when I install the client, there is no menu based OEXPLORE.EXE. So I stand by my previous answer...menus are in ERP 8, but will not be in EO 8.9, unless they happened to still exist in earlier beta copies of ERP 9 when it was first released. If you purchase or get your EO CD's now...you will not have menu access.

Regards,

Jim

I don't think OneWorld ERP8.0 is called EnterpriseOne 8.0 - although I might be wrong there....thats where the confusion lay.

Jon

On the Knowledge Garden/ Documentation index page in the EnterpriseOne box, it has both 8.0 and 8.9 documentation. This is where I got the impression that both releases were under the EnterpriseOne umbrella. We could start calling them EO 8.0 and EO 8.9.

Patty

Back