Vendor Managed Inventory

BobAJones

Our largest customers are demanding we provide Vendor Managed Inventory services. We ship daily, using common carriers, but we do not have the resources to visit each facility to determine what needs to be replenished. We also do not have EDI capability.

Does XE have any VMI fuctionality? Can the usage information be imported from a spreadsheet? If XE does not have VMI fuctionality, are there any ways to simulate VMI? I need to do this quickly and inexpensively.

Thanks for any information!

Bob

Bob,
JDE has a form of VMI (additional branch in a new company) that would allow you to track inventory. But there are several pieces of information you would need. The customer must provide you with sales information so you can adjust the available quantities in their branch. Are they willing to do so? They must provide receipt information so you can change it from in transit to in stock. Do they perform qualitative analyses? Are there lots or items that are returned? You could probably get by with a periodic (quarterly or semiannual) inventory to manage their stock of your item(s). A plan needs to be created to facilitate the request with associated committments from both parties.
BobAJones <[email protected]> wrote:
Our largest customers are demanding we provide Vendor Managed Inventory services. We ship daily, using common carriers, but we do not have the resources to visit each facility to determine what needs to be replenished. We also do not have EDI capability.Does XE have any VMI fuctionality? Can the usage information be imported from a spreadsheet? If XE does not have VMI fuctionality, are there any ways to simulate VMI? I need to do this quickly and inexpensively.Thanks for any information!Bob
Bob A. Jones
XE Update 5
Windows 2000
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=63441

This is the JDELIST One World / XE Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears

World, OW B733X and Xe

What kind of system your customer runs?? It is no much easy if they are
into some Major ERPs. I can suggest different ways of doing it. If you want
we can discuss offline.

Devi Misra
md2 systems inc

Does XE have any VMI fuctionality? Can the usage information be imported
from a spreadsheet? If XE does not have VMI fuctionality, are there any
ways to simulate VMI? I need to do this quickly and inexpensively.

Thanks for any information!

Bob

Back