Bills of Material

parora

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I have a few questions about Bill of Materials, that I was hoping to get some help on:

1. Can you setup a Bill of Material up to a certain quantity. For instance, in creating a Bill of Material, if I was to manufacture/service UP TO 1 unit, I would require 3 widgets. However, if I was to manufacture/service UP TO 2 - 5 units, I would require 4 widgets. Is there any way to do this, without creating a BOM for Batch Quantity 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 separately?

2. Within a BOM, can you specify an inverse relationship to the Batch Quantity. For instance, in creating a Bill of Material, if I was to manufacture/service UP TO 1 unit, I would require 3 widgets. However, if I was to manufacture/service 2 units I would require 1.5 widgets (i.e. 50% of that required for 1 unit). If I were to manufacture/service > 2 units, I would always require 1 widget?

Thanks,

Looks like this got onto the wrong Forum...

Anyway, to answer your question, NO - you cannot do any of the things you suggest without creating separate Batch Bills for each Quantity that you may potentially manufacture. JDE won't pro-rata between different Batch Sizes (I believe). I have known that there has been interest, in the user community, for this kind of functionality over the years. If anyone knows whether such features were introduced I would like to hear more about this.

I do recall that some functionality had been introduced in MRP for Batch Size Order Suggestions messages. I recall seeing a SAR or White Paper on that. However, I do not believe this function continues through into the Shop Floor Execution features.

Maybe you could repost this amongst the Apps Forum?

Oops...Mark, thanks for the reply and thanks for letting me know about the error in the forum....I have reposted it into the Apps forum...I should get some more responses there!

Thanks again.

Back