Archiving and Purging.. again

MelissaS

Per a suggestion in a previous post - I searched the ERP 8 documentation for the word 'Purge' and here is what I found:

Purge Tables
Table Conversion-Batch Delete is the generic P00purge program in OneWorld that removes selected records from a table and stores the data in a backup file. To use this batch program, you must first create a table conversion, rather than a new version, for the table that you want to purge.

The purge table name can be a maximum of eight characters and should be formatted as Pxxxxxxp, where:

P = The purge table

xxxxxxp = The table (file) name

Has anyone had any experience trying this?? I can't find any Object called P00purge in JDE.

Also, when I was at Quest, one of the JDE representatives who I saw in a session said that they had begun posting documentation on the KG on how to purge/archive for each module. Does anyone know where this is? I searched but could not find it.

Thanks!

Melissa,
If you search in batch versions, you'll find all the purge programs. They are batch jobs and typically start with 'R'. There are some white papers on the KG you can find using '*purge*' as your search criteria. You can also find responses on this list of their functions and use.

MelissaS <[email protected]> wrote:
Per a suggestion in a previous post - I searched the ERP 8 documentation for the word 'Purge' and here is what I found:purge Tables Table Conversion-Batch Delete is the generic P00purge program in OneWorld that removes selected records from a table and stores the data in a backup file. To use this batch program, you must first create a table conversion, rather than a new version, for the table that you want to purge. The purge table name can be a maximum of eight characters and should be formatted as Pxxxxxxp, where:p = The purge table xxxxxxp = The table (file) name Has anyone had any experience trying this?? I can't find any Object called P00purge in JDE.Also, when I was at Quest, one of the JDE representatives who I saw in a session said that they had begun posting documentation on the KG on how to purge/archive for each module. Does anyone know where this is? I searched but could not find it.Thanks!
Melissa
ERP 8 SP21 Oracle SUN
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=58094
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

World, OW B733X and Xe

JDE is providing file interdependency information to business partners, so that the business partners can create a better purge/archive system. You can contact [email protected] to find out more information. She is the one in charge of creating the file interdependency documents.

Hi,
The only issue with JDEdward's existing purge and archiving processes are
that they are done by copying and inserting one record at a time which is
real slow specially when you want to purge records out of transaction
tables. We are in process of writing better purge problems for transaction
tables. Let me know if anyone else would be interested in a faster solution
Thanks
Moin
[email protected]

Back