SP21 Problems

graham_jones

I tried to move up from SP19.1 C_1 to SP21 but despite all going normally the porttest failed. After a while I decided to roll back but when I bring up the services the batch queues start but then die one by one. Consequently, no batch jobs will run as they stay in a waiting state.

Anybody got any ideas?

I also faced a problem with PORTTEST in SP21. What I did was, installed the SP21 services in the enterprise server prior to PORTTEST. Then it was successful. The other alternative is, remove the security server in the JDE.INI file.

Husni,

Thank you for responding. SP21 was on the enterprise server and I tried with and without the security server setting.

What concerns me most at the moment is, having rolled back to SP19.1, the queues dissappear on starting the services.

How did you do the roll back?

Did you deploy out the client piece of SP21 before rolling back?

make sure the JDE user account (or whatever you use in your jde.ini file) is not disabled. If you can't log in - look at F98OWSEC table

Thank you for the responses. This boiled down to a security issue. The SP was applied to our DV/PY Unix box which is seperate from our PD box. The ini file on the DV/PY box had the PD box in the SecurityServer setting. By changing this to be the DV/PY box itself resolved the issue. I can only imagine that with my first test on putting SP21 on something else happened security wise that caused the issue that remained even after I rolled back to SP19.1. JDE couldn't explain why this might be but I will revisit the issue once we have completed testing of SP21 and rolled it out to the PD server.

Back