Can't advance project

SULLY1

VIP Member
Can\'t advance project

I have a project I can't advance. I get an error message: General error in method. Status change. I'm trying to promote from 21 to 26. All of the objects were checked in with the project name and no other project contains these objects. All of the objects transfered to PY7333 but the status won't change. I have promoted other projects this week with no problem. Can anyone suggest what to look for?

Patty

Re: Can\'t advance project

What does jde.log and jdebug.log say?

This has happen to me the odd time, but I advance the project again. It's fine.

What is your configuration?

RE: Can\'t advance project

Also, often the object(s) may be associated with another project. I
commonly check all the objects out, and then check them back in before I
attempt to advance the project.

Xe, Update2, SP16
SQL2k, Win2k
Metaframe 1.8a

The jde.log has no errors. Attached is the jdedebug.log

Patty

We get those errors as well, you should be able to adjust the Activity Rules to make it work.

Have you checked the OMW logs associated with the project?

Bill

RE: Can\'t advance project

I would first go into your OMW logging to see if you have any further
details as to what the issue is. If you have some large objects in the
project try bumping up your JDENETTimeout, under Network Queue Settings.
Next try demoting to 25>21, then check out, check in and repromote.

I get the same thing too. Sometimes efverything works just fine. Once in a while it won't promote. I simply try it again and it works just fine. In the beginning I was checking logs and doing all kinds of "research". Now, I just try it again. If I still get errors, then I start to look at error logs.

I have also had the occasion where rebooting by FAT client clears things up.

There are some known reasons why projects dont promote correctly that I often find :

1. The object modified date on the FROM pathcode is earlier than the TO pathcode. Often this is because a date might be just wrong on a development client.

2. Some of the objects affiliated with certain items are not checked in correctly - such as trigger .h files for tables or data structures.

Usually to "clean" these (if the project isn't too large) - from status 21 I usually Check Out all objects in the project to a clean machine (my FAT client for example) and then immediately check everything back in again. This ensures that all objects have the correct date set on them in the object librarian - and guarantees that the object will transfer cleanly. Secondly, if I receive errors on checking in - I check the log, find the specific error (usually a missing .h file) and rebuild the trigger or business function before checking it back in. 99.9% of the time, the above works.

I can't point out the last 0.1% of the time, but then I never said it was a perfect system :)

By the way, after running Xe and ERP 8 for 3 years now, I have gotten used to just checking out/checking in all projects as part of my promotion. I rarely receive an issue, and it means I don't have to go over logs to ensure that part of the project didn't transfer correctly. It takes a few minutes longer, but saves hours of pain later on...

Thanks for all your suggestions. I ended up copying this project to another project (didn't like the name anyway). Released the tokens from the old project. Checked out/in all objects in the project. Then I was able to promote it.

Patty

Build a new project and then Advance it

Hi
Adnan here,as your objects are not advancing do one thing Create a new project check out check in & release token and now Advance the project and see if it is Advanced or not.

Back