Job ran without Data selection

The_CNC_KID

[cool]
Hello Everyone

Last week a job was ran to creat a payment group. For some reason or other the data selection for that job did not work..[frown]

The user running the job does have access to change the data selection. However, she is a reliable member of staff and as far a users go, a competent one. So for now I am ruling out the possiblity of user error. She also runs the job fairly regulary.

Unfortantley, I was away last week so I dont have a log file and logging is turned off on the server so no debug file either.

The guys here managed to spot the problem and stop the job before to much damage was done. Although all the data was repaired and everything is fine, I would like to know why this happened.

Does anyone know of this happening before or anyway I can drill further into the actual job that was run to see what data selection was selected?

Thanks for you help and sorry for the long waffley post.[cool]

CNC_KID,
I had the exact same situation at a client. I was asked to find out what had
happened and it looked the same as in your situation. The user is
experienced and says that he not changed the default data selection. Still,
it looks as if he has ?!?

Problem is that in my case big damage had been done. We never found out for
sure. To me it looks like user-error, however I cannot prove it. Denver
cannot help either because it's a custom report.

If you find out more let us know.

Gerd

We have had the same thing happen from time to time. We can usually point the problem to the user inadvertently clearing data selection because of the huge amount of time the UBE takes to run when compared to normal. Plus if the report has output we'll see far more records than normal.

Unfortunately, this happens from time to time with even our most experienced users.

What I would really like to see is the ability to lock some data selection lines and let some be changeable, like in World. This is always a major scare when it happens because we sometimes spend an entire day cleaning up the mess!

CNC_KID,

The following is a theory as I've never actually tried but I'll put it out there & get peoples thoughts as we've all come across this issue at some stage.

Firstly for this to work you need a test environment with the production path code.

Next the version of the report should not have been run since the error occured

Switch Logging on the server

Launch the report & version from a command line or batch job using the RUNUBE command. As the job is launched from the RUNUBE command the version used should be the last one submitted to the server.

The logging should then give you the requested data selection

As I said just a theory,

Ian

Back