All submitted jobs error after install of service pack SP20_R

btamayo11

List,

I installed service pack SP20_R1 in accordance with JDE instructions. During testing, we could see that the service pack did indeed fix many of our problems. All was good until we discovered that any submitted job would immediately error out. None of the jobs made it into processing status.

Looking at the logs, each submitted job had the same information in it:
--process registered
--net program end with some error
--an API call to some function with zombie in the name

We backed off the service pack and we are running fine again.

Any ideas?

I followed the JDE provided instructions 100% but perhaps I didn't.

Try running LINKBSFN in the new SP environment. The JDEUPDATE that they have you run sometimes doesn't do everything it needs to. Also if you applied two one-offs,(like R1 and SPX_005) they should have been applied separately.

Jean,

I am new to JDE service packs. The instructions that I downloaded from KG
didn't specify to run anything in JDE. It only specified to update .sl's in
system/lib folder, replace system, systemcomp and client install directories
on the deployment server and then deploy a foundation package.

Is running linkbsfn a common practice when deploying a one off for a UNIX
environment.

Bernie

Bernie
--Xe on HP 9000 Unix (Apps Server, 2 Batch servers)
--Oracle 8.1.7
--SP20_I1

Bernie,

We encountered exactly the same coming from SP20_I1 to SP20_R1. It appears to be the RUNBATCH program. If you replace the original RUNBATCH back after the upgrade then it will work again. We are currently investigating if this is a possible workaraound. The RUNBATCH program has been modified since SP20_J1 for the RS6000.

Regards,
@ndre de Wit

Andre,

As bad as this sounds, I am glad that I am not the only one to encounter this problem. I am confused by your response however. Have you determined that the runbatch is truely the problem and that you have fixed the problem by restoring the SP20_I1 runbatch? Or that you believe that restoring the SP20_I1 runbatch will fix the problem?

Many thanks for your response,
Bernie

Bernie,

RUNBATCH is the problem, we have restored RUNBATCH (during the time we were on R1) from our I1 save and there were no problems anymore. Since we were not confident if this could potentially cause problems anywhere else we rolled back to SP20_I1 in its totallity. We are currently examining the way forward (R1 with I1 RUNBATCH or S1 or have JDE to fix RUNBATCH).

hope its more clear now,
@ndre

Don't think so. We did not receive a clear answer on that from JDE and have decided to continue testing with SP21 latest one-off in a multifoundation environment in the near future.

Regards,
@ndre

We had a simular problem with SP20 as well, after SP21 we did not see the issue. Oddly it only affect one of our enterprise servers, we have two... So what we did was replace the program from the system that was working.

Back