XE performance and terminal server

mkellow

[frown]

I am experiancing problems with performance with terminal services ( citrix metaframe 1.8 ) and Oneworld XE . Is any one else out there experiancing these problems ?

Wow....pretty vague,

What are the issues....you have to tell us to we can know what we are looking at.

yes....and no

What exactly are you looking for ? What performance issue ? What is your platform ? What are you referring to ? What application ?

Can you fill us in a little on exactly what you mean ? Or would you like us to guess ?

In particular we are having problems with the ship confirm process . We are seeing problems when changing between the shipment header screen and the final shipment detail screen . Sometimes this takes up to 5 minutes . we are running :
enterprise server: 820 model as400 (2350 cpw ) , 4gb ram 320gb hdd

secondery enterprise server : dell 2650 dual pIII zeon 1gb ram
deployment server : ibm netfinity 4500r pIII 800 1 gb ram

Citrix server : ibm netfinity 4500r pIII 800 2gb ram

In particular we are having problems with the ship confirm process . We are seeing problems when changing between the shipment header screen and the final shipment detail screen . Sometimes this takes up to 5 minutes . we are running :
enterprise server: 820 model as400 (2350 cpw ) , 4gb ram 320gb hdd

secondery enterprise server : dell 2650 dual pIII zeon 1gb ram
deployment server : ibm netfinity 4500r pIII 800 1 gb ram

Citrix server : ibm netfinity 4500r pIII 800 2gb ram

model 820 as400 2cpu(2350cpw) 4gb ram 320 gb HDD

mkellow,

What serivce pack are you on? I am having a similar problem in the financials module and we have similar hardware.
AS/400 270 (2 CPU's, 2350 CPW, 4.5GB RAM, 320GB HD)

We are on SP21_E1. Also, what OS/400 level are you on? I am V5R2.

Thanks

Ryan

we are running sp18.1 wi os400 v5r1 . Have you been abel to pin point the problem to a particular server ??

Yes, probably. We just switched out our AS/400 so our hardware, our os level, and SP21 are what have changed. If the problem is on the enterprise server, I expect it to be V5R2, or SP21. If on our clients (which I really don't think so...SP21). Unfortunately, a lot changed when we went to a new enterprise server.
Thanks

Ryan

Does this issue also occur on a Fat Client ?

Secondly - when was the last time a full package build took place ? How many update packages have been installed ? If you have many update packages - your spec file could be fragmented around this application (especially if a lot of development has occurred) - and a Full Package might help

Thirdly - are any other issues such as this also occuring in different applications ?

Lastly - where do you have your Business Functions mapped ? Are you using the "W" environment on your Citrix Box (and non-"W" on the Fat Client) - and have you tried signing into the non-"W" environment on the Citrix Machine to test the same application ?

It sounds like your issue is localized in the Ship Confirm application - and is certainly not likely to be platform dependent (Citrix/Fat Client). Is there anything appearing in the JDE.LOG on the workstation/citrix machine to indicate something ?

Hope this all helps.

Back