Service Pack installation and update package

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
After the SP is installed, the instructions say to send an update package out with the foundation only. Do I only need to do this once for all the environments stored on a PC since it's updating the \system folder or is other stuff actually being touched within each pathcode folder? Thanks, g

You need to build only one package for all your pathcodes because as you say it the 'package wih the foundation only' contains only the system directory and no object.

I just applied SP21. The way the JDE consultant said to update the FAT Clients was to run the "install" from the deployment server (just as if you wre installing a new client). "Install" any of your latest full packages. So far it looks like it worked.

Since a foundation only package only contains the system folder you only need one package. System files are shared by all pathcodes.

Patty

I did the upgrade this weekend and did the update package with foundation only. Clients have been updated successfully. Thanks for the posts.

Grant.

How is SP21_F1 acting for you? I heard someone else loaded it last week and had to pull it out, but I think they had problems with JAS. I'm applying SP21 this weekend and was planning on using the E1 one-off.

So far it's been acting pretty good. Ran through a live R09801 Post and EFT/check cycle yesterday and printed checks no problem. No other problems reported so far. We currently are using AP with some Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets so that's all the modules we can report on right now.

Looks like the printing problems tgore was getting were fixed with oneoff F. I downloaded E, then saw F was coming out soon so I waited for F.

Good luck!

We loaded SP21 and SP21_ F1. We have one problem with the printing through the AS400 using One World (co-existance) The PDF form is 100%, but if we submit the printout to the printer (print immed), it prints garbage or blank.
The jdelog file gives the following:
OS40001090 - SQL error: SQLSTATE = 42705, Error Code = -950, Relational database ALGORAX1 not in relational database directory

and
Unable to find Printer Font for TTFont ä?ÍÊÑÁÊ, Printer QUSRSYS/BITSP1 in Table

I had a simular problem with SP21_B1, but we found our fix in SP21_E1. The soultion up to that point was to change our printers to PostScript instead of PCL, and that fixed the printing of garbage for all of our printers. I was looking into F1 but if the printing problems come back no way...

JDE has another AS/400 only one-off called SPX_005. you would have seen
this when you downloaded the SP21 one-off's. This one-off is specifically
for printing issues. Try applying it.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400 Co-existent Xe 17.1, Update 4/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

We sorted out the problem by loading SP21_I1

######################################################################
DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Please immediately contact by email: [email protected] or
+27 (0)41 402 4100 if you have received this message in error. Thank you.
######################################################################

Back