words, we do not want produce an PO that is meant for company A but on
accident we purchase for Company B. Right now, we are having a debit show
up on company A side but no credit for Company A, and vice versa, because
the transactions are crossing, how can we pervent this from happening. Any
suggestions. We do not want to turn on inter-company within JDE because we
do not want our transactions to cross.
HELP....

[frown]

Have you looked into Row security, a little bit of work to start with in defining all of the tables but I have done a similar thing at a business unit level before. From memory inclusive row security was only introduced with SP16 though so you might want to look at an upgrade there.

HTH,

Paul

Yes, you are right that SP16 does include inclusive row security. We will be on SP21 soon. You say it will take some work, so if I am understanding this correctly. right now we do have our users ordering for both companies, but if we want to make sure they don't cross the transactions, would they need to log out and log back in as another user and that 2nd user id only having access to business unit company B. If so, then I will need to now what files to give them access too for company B - business unit? Is that the way, I should handle our situation?

Tar,

that is really a big issue that we've got as well. We had the case that an invoice for company A was entered with a creditor of company B.
Finance here is like a service provider for different companies. So security would not work without different IDs and logoffs/logons

Back