SP21 Rollout

dsingh

Hi all

Recently I applied SP21 and one off SP21_D1 to a newly created Test environment. After this service pack we noticed that you cant execute mutiple applications at the same time. While one appllication is performing a FIND the other application is locked till the first FIND is completed. This is certainly not acceptable for the Power USers (Sales). this feature was introduced in SP21_C1.

I would like to go back to SP21_B1.

There are couple of querries whcih I would like some one to answer for me please.

Can I apply SP21_B1 to my existing SP21_D1 or do I need to deploy SP21 base from the scratch and then deploy SP21_B1 on top of this.

Any sort of help will be highly appreciated.

Dalip,

neither. You need to restore specific directories from the backups made BEFORE you installed D1. You do have a backup, right?

Read the install instructions for the service pack one-off. The directories that you backed up are the ones you will need to restore.

I suggest for future service pack testing you read up on "multiple foundations". Just search the Knowledge Garden for that phrase and you will find the documentation on it.

Good Luck,

Dalip,

Also, this is a known issue and GSS is currently creating a fix...have
you called GSS and found out when the fix is coming? I thought I heard
this week or next...but could be mistaken. I do know they are aware of
this 'opportunity'.

Jim

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:22:34 -0800 (PST) dsingh

Recently I applied SP21 and one off SP21_D1 to a newly

I would like to go back to SP21_B1.

There are couple of

Can I

Any

Larry

Thanks for your response.

just a correction. I am running as a Multiple foundation and my DV,PY and PD environments are on SP17_F1. The newly created environment (Multiple Foundation) is only on SP21_D1.

When I applied the SP21 and One off I really did not do any backup to save the space etc. I think in this scenario I need to start from scratch and then apply the relevant One off. In our case I would like to go back to B1 as we cant really wait for the next One off which may fix the Screen threading issues.

Hope I have not confused you any more

Larry, you mentioned searching the KG for Multiple Foundation (MF). I've found only 3 documents relating to that: OTI-02-0096, OTI-02-0097 and one document with directions on how to setup MF for an AS400. The 2 documents I listed explain what MF is, but don't give details on how to set this up. Have I missed something? Do you have document numbers that include directions for this? Since we're on HP 9000, the AS400 directions really aren't very helpful. TIA.

Thanks, Larry. And thank you Don for posting this in the first place. Exactly what I need...

Larry, one more question on this. After reviewing the document, I'm not sure that I need to do all of the prep work for Unix. What we have is 2 ES: a production box that only runs PD and a test box that runs PY and DV. If I change the port number in the test box ES, wouldn't this accomplish the same thing in isolating the PD system directory from the DV and PY system directory (with the update to SP21) as creating a new system directory, new userID etc.?

Charles,

I don't know enough about your situation to correctly advise you. We only have a single E.S. Someone like Seg probably has done this before though. Help us Seg!

Just a follow up on this thread. We have 2 ES, one for PD and one for PY and DV. When we setup Multiple Foundation, we had to follow the documentation for the DS, but on the 'test' ES all we had to do was plug in the new System objects. We didn't have need for a new ID or changing the port. Thanks for all of your replies and tips.

Back