Why do I get MRP Decrease Messages???

BobAJones

I placed Minimum Reorder Quantities on several parts, to prevent numerous orders on low value components. The MRP messages to order these components are always for the minimum quantity. After I firm the orders, I see decrease messages for many of these components after my next MRP run.

Is there some way to get the system to stop placing decrease order messages for these components? This is getting very tiresome keeping up with these decreases and then the immediate new orders the system places for more material of the same part number.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Bob

Bob,

There are many things that will affect what your MRP messages look like, among them Item Branch setup (like minimum order quantity), processing options, inclusion/exclusion rules, etc...

I don't know if this will help your situation, but what is your Order Policy Code? If it's "1" (Lot for Lot), maybe going to a "4" (Periods of Supply) with an appropriate value for Value Order Policy might help. Again, there are so many variables, without a complete picture of what and how you've setup MRP to plan, this is just one suggestion.

Also, please include your system configuration in your post (or better put it in your signature so it'll be in all your posts automagically!).

Good luck!

Back