UBE Performance - I'm stumped

panda

UBE Performance - I\'m stumped

I'm having an issue with slow UBE processing that has me completely stumped.

The configuration is a Active/Active W2K/SQL2K cluster, one node running SQL DB and the other Batch/Logic, both servers have Quad Xeon 700 CPUs and 6GB RAM. I also have an additional Application Server which as dual PIII 1GHz CPUs and 4GB RAM. Now here is the interesting part, I run the standard address book UBE on the cluster node and it takes 40mins to process, I run it on the app. server and it takes 4mins to process. There is no anti-virus on any of the servers, the JDE.INI settings are identical and by default there is no debug logging. As a last resort I decided to run it with debug on both server and use the performance workbench tool to analyse the logs, this time round with logging the job on the cluster node took 50mins and on the app. server it's still running after 4 hours????. Is is possible that a PIII processor could be more efficient at processing certain UBEs that a Xeon?. Any idea or suggestions?.

Re: UBE Performance - I\'m stumped

Before you get too far into troubleshooting, any chance you picked up the SQL Slammer Worm on one of your boxes? You do state your use of SQL2K and lack of virus protection (though a good firewall would be more help that virus protection in this case). Anyway, just something to look for... the worm would make your network chatty enough to slow it down considerably.

- Tony

Back