SP20 and Web for AS400

rcandeo

Well Known Member
I´ve solved with Response Line Help, my last problem (I guess so) with JAS in AS400 for SP20.
The problem was that after opening an application, working with it and closing it, I could not open it again cause It wouldn´t work, unless I close my I.E. and open a new session.
I am posting the answer of Response Line:
"This problem relates to internet caching.
There are two options to resolve this problem. One solution is local to each user's workstation (this must be done on every workstation). The second solution is a global change to a HTTPSVR config file (requires no changes to individual workstations).

1) Check the local machine's internet processing options. Access Internet options, under temporary internet options, select settings. At the top of this window, ensure every visit to page is selected.

2) By default the IBM HTTP Server on iSeries will send Last-Modified in the HTTP header. Some browsers do display content based on this value. If you want to disable this function add a directive to the HTTP configuration on
iSeries. The directive is lastmod and the value is off. The format follows:
lastmod off

Add the lastmod off entry to the HTTPSVR config file. To determine the location of this file, do a wrkactjob on the AS400. Locate the HTTPSVR subsystem. Identify your HTTPSVR instance (this is the instance you created
during the SP20 JAS install - configuring HTTP section). Put a 5 to display your instance. Select option 10 to display the job log. This will display a command argument for starting the HTTPSVR instance. Near the end of this command, you will see a path and a file name. This is your HTTPSVR config
file."

I hope that this can help someone.

Back