Cross Reference - UDC

cse

Hi all,
I need find out in interactive application what UDCs are used.
In Events in Controls Edit Overrides and data dictionary items.
If I use P980011 application there is no application to give me information about that.
Thanks for help
Eugene

Eugene,

You won't find an existing application to give you this information. Basically, there are two levels. You would need to use the cross reference application to find all data items for an application (or a particular form). Then, look up each data item in the F9210 - Data Item Specifications table for an attached UDC table. This would give you the correct information, unless the UDC table has been overriden at the application level.

For that, you would need to look in the FDASPEC or F98751 table for form specification information. This means you have to read the BLOB field. I do know that in these files, the record type is 3 for form control. But the data item name itself is in the blob field...so making this connection would be really painful!

You may wish to reevaluate the need for this information!

Good Luck

This is may help as well-
E1: ENV: DD: Cross Reference Tool for UDC to know where all UDCs being used - Enhancement Request 10802685 (Doc ID 2673397.1)

Possible Workaround to find out which fields are using a particular UDC:

Example:

1. Open F9210 and filter it by FRERO1 = <system code of UDC> and FRERO2 = <Code Type of UDC>. This list all DD Items attached with Edit Rule UDC.

2. Open F98711 and filter it by TDOBND = (Alias returned by Step 1 above). This list all tables with a column based on DD Item identified above.

3. Go to Cross Reference application (P980011) and check applications associated.
(Note: If there is any override at form level, that will not be traced)

Back