Renaming Servers

PEEK

I am running ow Xe and have a need to rename both deployment and enterprise server. They are both W2K with SQL. Does anyone know how to complete this

Just finished doing that. Check out KG document OTI-99-0057. Two things to add to the document:
1) You will need to edit tables F9650 and F9651 as well as the tables listed.
2) You need to edit ALL of these tables on the ES and also ALL of the local tables on the DS.
Otherwise, the directions are complete and easy to follow. Make sure that you uninstall Terminal Services from the W2K machine.

"Make sure that you uninstall Terminal Services from the W2K machine. "

Why?

Set

[DEBUG]
OWDEVELOPER=TRUE

in your deployment server jde.ini and your new method for remote access to your Deployment Server is Terminal Services (Administrator Mode)

"Make sure that you uninstall Terminal Services from the W2K machine. "

Why?

Set

[DEBUG]
OWDEVELOPER=TRUE

in your deployment server jde.ini and your new method for remote access to your Deployment Server is Terminal Services (Administrator Mode)

In this thread, http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=28240&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1, Sully1 had the same issues as what I encountered. Disabling Terminal Services and adding the OWDeveloper line changed nothing for either of us. Removing Terminal Serivces, however, did the trick. Is there another step somewhere in this that we missed? You aren't the first to say that adding OWDeveloper=TRUE fixes the package build problem on a W2K DS, but, given your experience and also mine and Sully1's experience, there must be something else present or missing between our setups. I don't have a clue what that might be, though.

Back