Creating the new Custom environment

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi JDEList,

I am trying to create the Custom environment( using the document id "OTI-01-0149 " Creating the custom path code and environment that can be upgraded or updated"). We already have PY, Dev environment. Our plan is to copy the PY envionment into the custom environment.
Right now our Excess database on the deployment server is not in sync with Oracle database on the Enterprise server(OCM mappings, Package information etc).
This document talks about updating JDEPLAN.mdb, f9861101 table with OCM mapping. So my question is that should I copy the ocm mapping from access database(One environment) to access database(Custom environment) or to copy it from Oracle database(real ocm mapping) then do I need to copy the system or server ocm mapping.
In the installation workbench do I need to run all the workbench steps or not. During testing I observed that PY package information lost after running the installation workbench because the Access database and Oracle database were not in sync. The OCM mappings were not good. So I had to again copy the OCM mappings manually from One environment to another after running the workbench in Oracle database. Also some data source information got changed.

Is this the standard way of creating the custom environment? I also read one more document "Creating an Electronic software Update path code and environment in One World XE". This document does not create anything in the JDEplan environment.. it goes directly to the DEP or PY environment... so does not update the excess database.
So which approach is better? If somebody can guide me, I will really appreciate.

Thanks

Document OTI-01-0149 is the best way of creating a full fledged environment that will be recognized during upgrades, updates, and ESU installations. I'll answer your questions in a slightly different order than the one you asked them:

1) In the installation workbench do I need to run all the workbench steps or not?

Yes, you should run Installation Workbench all the way through. It will populate all needed tables so that the path code and environment will be properly recognized.

2) should I copy the ocm mapping from access database(One environment) to access database(Custom environment) or to copy it from Oracle database(real ocm mapping) then do I need to copy the system or server ocm mapping?

Obviously, you have modified the default OCM mapping. At this point, it would probably be best to export your existing System - B7333 OCM mapping (SYS7333.F986101) to Access, and replace what is in the Planner database. Do this before you do the Copy Environment step in JDEPLAN. This way, when the new environment gets created, the good OCM mappings will get copied to it. Then you can do the Filter by Form and make the necessary data source alterations.

The installation workbench will then take care of populating both the System and Server Map OCMs.

3) Other considerations:

Does the environment/path code figure into your OMW promotion scheme? If so, don't forget to modify your OMW status activity rules to take the new path code into account.

If you have modified the activity rules, you may also want to export those since the installation workbench will repopulate that table.

Back