XE to 9.1 Upgrade issue - table changes & conversions

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
List,

We are currently converting XE to 9.1

This includes base table layout changes, such as F4104 which has columns and indexes added after XE.

We tried to generate indexes on F4104, it failed,
due to IVCIRV not being found in TESTDTA/F4104.

Looking at table design, we see no errors, but the generate index wouldn't work.

I resorted to
Copying F4104 (data) to a saved file (using AS400 CPYF)
Removing the table from the database (table operations)
Generating the table (table ops)
Generating the indices (table ops)
Copying the SAVED 4104 data into the new generated table.

Looking at the KG, it seems that I should NOT have to do this, as there are Table Conversions that should address
altered tables.

The TC specific to F4104 isn't stated on the pages I've looked at.

Here's my question:
What table conversion jobs should CNC have run to create/populate the modified tables?

This issue is NOT limited to F4104.

Please AND Thanks!

I feel your pain Frosty ... but your issue/question really belongs in the CNC (EnterpriseOne) forum - not the developer's forum.

It really does sound as if conversion steps were skipped though.

Good Luck!

I'm NOT a CNC, and I don't play one on TV!

I will repost to the CNC forum.

Thanks.

Yes this table and many others are changed when comparing XE to 9.1.
We are upgrading from ERP8.
If you take a look at the Table Conversion Scheduler in your planner environment you'll see that the F4104 is converted by a *ALTERO conversion program.
*ALTERO indicates that the system performs and old style alter table. It's not doing an actual SQL alter table command. Basically, it renames the existing F4104, creates a new F4104 in the 9.1 format and then inserts the rows from the renamed version to the new version. This of course can be time consuming depending on how many records are in the F4104 and luckly Oracle has replaced this process with a new conversion type called *ALTER that actually does a SQL alter table statement which is a better perfomer.
Also, you should know that the Oracle on-line technical catalog does not cover table changes from XE or ERP8. It only covers 8.11 forward. You still need to use the old Programmers Guide to get any documentation on table changes from XE to 8.11 and then use the on-line tech catalog to see docs on table changes from 8.11 to 9.1.

Back