World - Multi Currency

tcalab

tcalab

A7.3 cum 11
Turned on Multi Currency for GAAP reasons to record the daily exchange rate for Canada. Now every time we process a sales order, credit or journal entry for the Foreign Entity we need to put a 'F' in the mode -- and of course people are forgetting. Has anyone run into the same problem and has a work around?

I have used it before but we converted everything to Domestic currency (US
dollars) and so all of our GL screens, etc. used the D default and the users
didn't have to change it to F for Foreign.

So, I cannot help you, I'm sorry.

I would be interested to know the answer though.

/lf

Behalf Of tcalab
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: World - Multi Currency

A7.3 cum 11
Turned on Multi Currency for GAAP reasons to record the daily exchange rate
for Canada. Now every time we process a sales order, credit or journal entry
for the Foreign Entity we need to put a 'F' in the mode -- and of course
people are forgetting. Has anyone run into the same problem and has a work
around?

_____

The entire
JDELIST thread is available for viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job
forum

This is the JDELIST World Mailing List.

To unsubscribe from this list via email, Click
<mailto: [email protected]?Subject=Unsubscribe&Body=Sirs,

P
lease remove this address from the JDELIST World Mailing%

Terri,

Look at your data dictionary value for CRRM, do you have a default value
set for it? If not make the default value F, this should take care of
it for you.

Jim Rubino

Fike Corporation

Re: RE: World - Multi Currency

Jim - Thanks for that suggestion. I forgot to mention that we also do many and most Sales Orders in (US) Domestic Currency. So if we change the deafult in JDE to 'F' than we must always place the 'D' in the mode. Correct?

-- I thought maybe we could control the DWV -- but I haven't been able to do that without a program Modification.

Terri,
Well, is most of your entry done in domestic currency, and a small amount of activity is for Canadian transactions? Are the transactions being ent ered randomly - so when entering sales, for example, will the user be ent ering a mix of both domestic and foreign currency transactions? I am thi nking these might be the case, but can be dangerous to make assumptions. The answers to these questions does make a difference in trying to figur e out how to best tackle this situation. Looking at sales as one thing. Have you done anything with the currency code field in the customer reco rds? You might need to explain everything that you did to try to activat e multi-currency, to see if maybe you have overlooked some things like cu rrency codes on supplier and customer records (assuming that a customer w ill always be a CAD for all its transactions). Without being able to see your data, it is tough to supply a good, relevant answer to your questio n. But hope this helps a bit.

John Dickey
McCarthy Building Companies
St. Louis, MO 63124
314-919-2264
[email protected]

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of tcalab
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: World - Multi Currency

A7.3 cum 11
Turned on Multi Currency for GAAP reasons to record the daily exchange ra te for Canada. Now every time we process a sales order, credit or journal entry for the Foreign Entity we need to put a 'F' in the mode -- and of course people are forgetting. Has anyone run into the same problem and ha s a work around?

RE: RE: World - Multi Currency

No they will not have to is the two currencies coming in are the same
then the program defaults in a D. If you put the F in the DD default
value then when the currencies coming in are different then the F is
loaded.

Jim

The term foreign is a relative term. It means that the currency of the transaction is different than the currency of the company in which the transaction is recorded. For example, company currency is CAD and transaction is USD. This is a foreign transaction. Second example, the company currency is CAD and the transaction is CAD. This is a domestic transaction.

When you turned on multi-currency, did you run the update programs on the multi-currency advanced and technical menu for all installed systems? These programs load currency codes into existing transactions and balances.

Brad

Back