Works in WPD but not in PD

Eastwood

Eastwood

One of our users came across a strange problem while deleting a detail line from application P0911 (Journal Entry). In WPD7333 enviroment he can delete the line. In PD7333 the delete button is visible but no action is performed after clicking on the delete button.
So, I got the debug log from both the environments and compared them. I found that in PD enviroment one of the select statements is completely missing.
"SELECT * FROM CRPDTA/F0901 WHERE ( GMMCU = ' 100' AND GMOBJ = '6265' AND GMSUB = '01' ) "
I have attached the screenshot of compare between the 2 log files.
We are trying to transit our user on to PD because of better performance.
This is the only issue that we have noticed so far and I am concened if there could be some other unknown instance where this could be happening.
Anyone had this issue before?

Attachments

• 79867-WPD-PD.gif
    79867-WPD-PD.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 151
Eastwood,

I'm a little confused by the apparent refereneces to different environments in your post. You have specifically mentioned environments PD7333 and WPD7333. Their names infer that they are 2 different environments using the same pathcode, which is the production pathcode (also generally called PD7333), presumably WPD7333 is a web environment. However in your attachment and in your post you refer to a SQL SELECT from CRPDTA/F0901. The schema CRPDTA is generally not part of the production pathcode (usually PD7333) but part of the prototype pathcode (usually PY7333). I would appreciate it if you could explain your environment and pathcode setup so I can understand exactly what is happening. Then I and others may be more able to help you find a cause/solution to your problem.

Is it possible that what is causing my confusion, may also be the cause of your problem. It may help to attach the jdedebug.log and the jde.log files for both situations (error and no error). Also are there an errors reported in the JDE.log file?

I hope this helps.

Peter,
Thanks for your response. I am getting this error in PD environments as well as PY environments. The attachment has debug log from PY and WPY. So from my previous message just replace references to PD7333 with PY7333 and for WPD7333 with WPY7333. To avoid confusion I should have simply talked about PY and WPY enviroments in my initial message.
Thanks-

Eastwood,

Thanks for the clarification. Unforunately, all I can tell from your attachment is that the SQL Select is missing from the PY debug log. It will probably aid all who wish to help you, if you attach the actual logs, both jdedebug and jde. In addition, I have some questions/confirmation.

1) What is the difference between the environments? In particular OCM defaults and any P0911 related mappings. Is PY a fat client environment and WPY a web environment?

2) Do both PY and WPY share the one pathcode?

3) Are both instances, successful delete and failed delete, ocurring on the one computer.

4) Is this happening on more than one computer?

5) Is this happening for more than one user?

Back