Working with Grid columns - how to enable/disable input

radi8

Well Known Member
I am working with the P4310 PO entry form and I have some row columns that I need to disable/enable under certain conditions (tax fields).

I have been looking but cannot find an ER method to enable/disable a column cell edits. Is this feasible? I can set the attribute in the column properties, but this is for the entire column. And setting the column to hidden does not work either (see below).

The scenario is like this:
We have 2 basic line types for a PO, 'J' is non taxable and 'JT' is taxable.
If the PO line is non-taxable (LNTY='J'), clear the EXA1 and TXA1 fields and set the TX column to a 'N'. Do not allow the user to enter an entry.

If the line is taxable (LNTY='JT'), set the TX column to a 'Y' and allow user to enter the EXA1 and TXA1 values.

Each PO may have lines that are both taxable and non-taxable so each row/column needs to be controlled.

Any ideas?

there's a system function called 'disable grid' (grid category) which lets you control which row(s) and column(s) to disable. it's pretty straightforward. it's generally used, so look in existing code for examples. there's another one called 'enable grid' which will do the opposite.

Hi Richard,

What about to use "Disable Grid" and "Ebable Grid" system functions under Grid Category. Check the possible parameters on the 3 parameters of them - the use of them is obious.

Regards,

Zoltán

Yep, that looks like the right one. Sometime you can;t see the forest because of the trees.

Thanks Zoltan! I will give this a shot.

Back