Work Order Employee Time Entry

dkahn

A business analyst has just reported that the above program, P311221, is not updating the work order header status. The Dream Writer form has processing options 6 to 8 labelled "QUALITY MANAGEMENT OPTIONS" that are supposed to govern updating the Work Order, Work Order Operation, and Lot.

Looking at the program, however, the F4801 is defined for input only and processing options 6 to 8 are not referenced at all. No wonder it doesn't work.

One of the consultants here has a hazy recollection of encountering this problem in the past. Apparently there is another program somewhere with all the necessary code but without the options defined in the DW form! Unfortunately he can't remember any more than that. Has anyone out there met this problem before?

Have a happy Easter,

Dave Kahn
=========

I just wonder how that one got past JDE QA.

I would check with them to make sure you have the right source. I worked
for a company once and while we were on 7.3 we had the source of 8.1.

Scott Parker
Grote Industries, LLC
mailto:[email protected]

Scott Parker
Grote Industries, LLC.
WorldSoftware Version 8.1.2 AS/400 V4R5

Dave, P311221 only does the data entry unless the user presses F10 following
their entry. Otherwise check P31422 which is the batch Hours and Quantities
Update program. If the non update of the Work Order Header is only happening
on a few cases, you may be encountering record locks when the update was
processed. We have had this happen periodically and the only way we find out
is when the user is reconciling the work order using P31122 Order Quantities
Status. The upper portion of the screen is from the Work Order Header file
(F4801) and the lower portion of the screen is from the Hours and Quantities
file (F31122 only including posted transactions).

Stephen R. Lewis
Application Systems Administrator
CCL Custom Manufacturing
Rexdale Plant
11 Bethridge Road
Etobicoke, ON Canada
M9W 1M6
Phone: (416) 740-7400 ext155
Fax: (416) 743-5439
email: [email protected]

Steve Lewis
CCL Custom Manufacturing
11 Bethridge Rd.
Toronto, ON Canada
M9W 1M6

A73 cum 8, 720 V4R4

Steve, A7.3 cum 10 - sorry, should have mentioned it in the original post.

Dave...

Dave Kahn
=========

Re: RE: Work Order Employee Time Entry

Hey, no problem there. Compile it all up and you have a free upgrade!

No, I'm fairly certain we have the correct source.

Dave...

Dave Kahn
=========

Re: RE: Work Order Employee Time Entry

Steve,

Thanks for that long answer. Not knowing manufacturing very well I've had to do a rare and noble thing and actually read the documentation. As you say the Hours & Quantities Update has to be run, or the user has to press F10, but even this only updates the Shop Floor Control Routing Instructions table (F3112). There is no automatic process to update the Work Order Header. The user has manually to run Work Order Completion/Backflush or Super Backflush.

Apparently this is a shortcoming that JDE have noted and is addressed in A8.1. Incidentally the documentation also warns that the 3 unsupported processing options are not available, so this is also something that JDE are aware of.

We are proposing to modify the P311221 so that it will automatically bring the work order header up to the status of the routing instructions, providing that all the routing instructions for the order are at the same status which is greater than the current status of the work order header and conditional on and limited by a new processing option.

Looking closely it's also apparent that the routing instruction status and the work order status are not interchangeable as they are governed by different UDCs, although this is not an issue for us as we have the UDCs identically set up.

Dave Kahn
=========

Back
Top Bottom