Who's Who Batch Upload

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Who\'s Who Batch Upload

Howdy,

I'm trying to complete a Who's Who (and children) Batch upload using the R01110Z - and can't seem to get it right.

I've scoured the Knowledge Jungle - and can't find anything that defines the way the Z-Tables should be populated (synchronized by Batch/EDI Fields??) and why it keeps updating values in the Z-Tables it has no business touching?

Does anyone have good knowledge regarding the Who's Who (R011110Z) Z-File and Batch process?

I am, just about, gonna build my own rig!

(db)

Re: Who\'s Who Batch Upload

Dan,
What error you are getting while upload?. Check if you are using the correct Action code and line# for who's who. You need to use EDBT & EDLN. First ry to use diff batch for each AB#(or try with one AB#) if that goes thru then try using same batch# with multiple AB#.

Chan

Not so much 'what errors' as 'How the heck is it supposed to work'....

It updates the F0101 Alpha Name (bad)
It resets the F0111Z1 Line ID (bad)
It marks things as updated that were not updated (bad)
It isn't clear how to configure the parent (F0111Z1) against the children (F0115Z1, F01151Z....) - is there supposed to 'always' be an F0111Z1 for each child - and, if yes - how is they linked???

I finally built my own rig - I was tired of all the unknowns in the process biting me.

(db)

Hi Daniel,

We also weren't able in the past to figure, how to use Address Book batch uploads, so I developed at least on three client part our own, which always better fit to the local specifics.

Sorry, it wasn't help for you
blush.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Great Zoltan!

You response is, pretty-much, what I'd expect from the rest of the community ("Couldn't Figure It Out")...

We built our own Rig - and it worked 'exactly' as expected.

I'll create a new product, for download, on the JDE Research site - for the Who's Who Process..., so us poor E1 Folk don't spin wheels in the future.... Any suggestions for a three/four-letter acronym for a Who's Who Replacement (WWB - Who's Who Batch?)...

(db)

I just had to update some purchasing records removing some text after the name then adding a record with a Q type.

First I indentifed the records and replaced the wwuser with TEMPCHG1 then ran the following:

INSERT INTO PD811DTA/F0111Z1
(BWEDUS, BWEDBT, BWEDTN, BWEDLN, BWTYTN,BWEDSP,BWTNAC,
BWAN8,BWMLNM,BWALPH,BWTYC,BWUSER,BWCHPROC,BWDRIN)
select 'MAGARGTP1','12345','MAGARGTRAN2',RRN(F0111),'JDECI',
'N','A',WWAN8,
TRIM(REPLACE(WWALPH,'-ACCTING & PRCHSING','')),
TRIM(REPLACE(WWALPH,'-ACCTING & PRCHSING','')),
'Q','MAGARGC1',' ',' '
from pd811dta/f0111
where wwuser='TEMPCHG1'

The line number had to be unique so I just used the Relative Record Number. I then ran to verify records will be processed.

SELECT * FROM PD811DTA/F0111Z1 WHERE ( ( BWCHPROC <> '1' AND
BWAN8 <> 0.000000 AND BWDRIN <= '' ) )

Then ran R011110Z.

Magar - then, take it to the next level... what about the child records (Phones, Electronic Address,...) and who the R011110Z attempts to complete the process...

Having your F0111Z1.IDLN reset from 1, 2 or 3 to ZERO - REALLY STINKS. I didn't realize it was doing that - and rerunning the R011110Z overwrites the F0101 Alpha Name (what the!)...

Safer just to build our own rig - where we can explain what is to happen (than rely on the E1 Process and all its unexplainable pixie dust)

(db)

Time to open up a case and get some of these things fixed for EnterpriseOne 15.0
smile.gif

Back